SALT AND PEPPER RIBS | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
Traditional Chinese salt and pepper ribs
Provided by Elaine
Total Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Soak the ribs with clean water for 30 minutes and change the water at least once. This is to remove any dirty parts and raw taste.
- Drain completely and then place all of the marinating ingredients except egg and coating flour at least for 30 minutes or over night.
- Just before cooking, crack an egg and mix with the ribs.
- Coat the ribs with potato flour or starch around 10 to 15 minutes before frying.
- Heat oil until there are fine small bubbles surrounding when insert a chop sticker. Place ribs in and fry for 6-8 minutes over small fire. I recommend frying the ribs for two batches. Strain and remove extra oil.
- Prepare a pan, add 1/2 tablespoon of oil and fry garlic, ginger, green onion and fresh peppers until aromatic.
- Place ribs in and toss with salt and pepper. Serve with extra salt and pepper for option.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 519 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 18 g, ProteinContent 24 g, FatContent 38 g, SaturatedFatContent 17 g, CholesterolContent 134 mg, SodiumContent 807 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHINESE BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
Sharing today, Chinese takeout-style Chicken stir-fry with homemade black pepper sauce and not-fried but moist silken-ed chicken that just melts in mouth!
Chinese Black Pepper Chicken is by far one of our favorite take-out chicken from Panda Express. This is one such Asian chicken stir-fry that is not sweet, has silky moist chicken, and subtle peppery bite. In one sentence, if you like black pepper and fan of Asian flavors then this recipe is for you!
Whenever we eat out Chinese, specially a quick one such as Panda Express... no matter how much Vishal adores their orange chicken, he will always ask for a side of black pepper chicken in panda bowl. Few years ago, I started messing with these flavor at home. Now a days, we often make black pepper chicken at home! Actually, I even use the black pepper sauce to make some vegetarian black pepper tofu too!
So, today I thought to share with you this skinny, delicious, and ready in 20 minutes Chicken Takeout dinner!
Get ready some rice, and let's get cooking!
What is Silken Chicken
You know the best part? In Black Pepper Chicken, chicken is not deep fried rather marinated and pouched which is called "silken-ed" in Asian cuisine. It takes almost same time as battered and fried chicken (staple Chinese take-out cooking technique) but chicken comes out super moist.. almost soft like silk. I think that's why the name.
To make Silken chicken, I marinate the chicken in easy-to-find pantry ingredients such as soy sauce, egg white, corn starch and some seasoning. After a brief marination, I pouch the chicken in hot boiling water which seals the egg-based marinade onto the chicken, in 10-12 minutes chicken pieces look like silk and are silk moist tender.
You can ready one batch of chicken over the weekend and then use it for any kind of stir-fry you like. This is a low-calorie yet delicious way cooking chicken for all-purpose use.
Once the chicken is ready, Black Pepper Chicken is ready in a breeze. I saute red onion and celery until these are crisp and crunchy, then add chicken and black pepper sauce. Let the flavors mingle for a while and..
Voila!! Chinese Black Pepper chicken is ready to be devoured.
I did not plan this recipe for today but I decided to post it for one of my follower who seems to really love my Chinese-style Chicken recipes like Sweet and Sour Chicken. Hence, posting little late today. I'm sure I will catch up with my friends who did not see a recipe on the blog this morning. :)
Oh, this makes me ask you, which one of my recipe is your favorite? I would love to hear your thoughts on that. Leave a comment below and let me know.
Provided by Savita
Total Time 20 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 3-4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Mix all silken chicken marinade ingredients - egg white, starch, 1 tbsp oil, salt, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl. Add small cubed chicken and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Or at-least 20 minutes while you prep the rest of ingredients.
- In meantime, in a small bowl, add black pepper sauce ingredients - soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, corn starch, and 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper (adjust per taste). Whisk well and set aside.
- Slice veggies - scallion, garlic, celery, onion and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water (2-3 inch water) to rolling boil. Add marinated chicken with slotted spoon (so as leave behind marinade) and pouch for 4-6 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked).
- After 3-4 minutes, take a piece and check for done-ness. Chicken should not be pink inside. Continue until full cooked.
- Transfer chicken to a paper-lined bowl and set aside. Discard the poaching water and also discard the chicken marinade.
- In saute pan, heat 1 tbsp oil until shimmering hot. Add onion, half of scallions, and celery. Saute for 1 minute or until crisp tender.
- Add cooked chicken and black pepper chicken sauce. Cook chicken and veggies in sauce for 1 minute or until sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat. Sprinkle more black peppers (per taste) and remaining scallions.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
More about "chinese salt and pepper chicken near me recipes"
CRUNCHY SALT AND PEPPER SHRIMP RECIPE BY TASTY
GRILLED SALT-AND-PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 35 minutes
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Toss together wings and oil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Grill wings, covered with grill lid, 25 to 30 minutes or until skin is crisp and wings are done, turning occasionally. Toss with desired Honey Drizzle.
10 BEST CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
SALT 'N PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE (THE BEST) - RECIPE ...
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN - CHINESE TAKEAWAY RECIPE | HINT ...
CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE - THE DINNER BITE
10 BEST CHINESE SALT AND PEPPER RECIPES | YUMMLY
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN - KHIN'S KITCHEN CRISPY SALT ...
THE BEST SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS - YOUTUBE
AIR FRYER CHINESE SALT & PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS - THIS OLD GAL
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS CHINESE TAKEAWAY RECIPE ...
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN RECIPE - BBC FOOD
SIMPLE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS - WHOLE KITCHEN SINK
SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS - MOM'S CHINESE KITCHEN
CRISPY AIRFRYER SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN WINGS - A PRETTY ...
TAIWANESE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN - RASA MALAYSIA
ROYAL MANDARIN RESTAURANT - 1230 PHOTOS & 1420 REVIEWS ...
SALT AND PEPPER SEASONING MIX | CHINESE SEASONING | KMC ...